Roastery Operations Manager
The Roastery Operations Manager is responsible for managing the people and the processes (excluding functions related to green coffee and coffee roasting, which are handled by the Head Roaster) at our Coffee Roastery.
The Roastery Operations Manager will schedule and manage shift Roasters, warehouse / fulfillment personnel and our delivery crew (including managing weekly labor to Targets).
The Roastery Operations will oversee all day-to-day operations at our Roastery. These include: supplies purchasing; inventory management; order processing (HB Stores, Wholesale Customers, Mail Order, etc.); shipping and delivery; interfacing with our Finance Manager re Period-end systems and procedures, and more.
A healthy and positive culture is critical to our Company and to our Roastery. The Roastery Operations Manager is expected to foster this by keeping the HB Roastery a great place to work where all are treated with respect and dignity.
Core Job Components
- Participate in setting annual Profit Plan Targets
- Monitor weekly numbers and manage to Targets
- Oversee scheduling and staffing needs; assist with hiring, interviewing and training qualified candidates
- Facilitate ongoing training and individual reviews of Roastery employees
- Role model for Customer Service, especially with our primary Customer, our HB Stores
- Proactive in solving problems and satisfying Customers
- Maintain high standards for cleanliness and organization throughout all areas of the Roastery
Job / Experience Requirements
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written [English] communication skills
- High-level Spreadsheet Proficiency
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and delegate.
- Nice, friendly and kind – a genuine team player.
- Warehouse / Logistics experience is valuable but not necessarily required
Pay: Negotiable, based on experience.
Benefits include: company contribution to Health, Dental and Vision Insurance premiums; paid vacation; 401k Plan with company match (after 1 year of service)
To Apply: Send Resume and References to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Roastery Operations Manager” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted through Monday, August 24 2015.
Heine Brothers’, an equal opportunity employer, does not make hiring decisions based on sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, or disability.