Heine Brothers’ to host Coop Coffee AGM in Louisville this week!
Heine Brothers’ is proud to host the Cooperative Coffees Annual General Meeting here in Louisville this week! We have 50 people coming in to Louisville from all over the US and Canada to attend this meeting. There is a lot to get done – coffee cuppings, reviewing financials and board elections, discussing trips to origin, decision-making and next steps – but we’re going to make sure that they have a great time while in Louisville as well. Local businesses & events on the agenda are some of the best Louisville has to offer, including Garage Bar, the Muhammad Ali Center, Against The Grain, the Galt House, WFPK’s Waterfront Wednesday, the Green Building, Patrick O’shea’s, the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, ReSurfaced, and more.
In 1999, Heine Brothers’ Coffee became a founding member of Cooperative Coffees, Inc., a member-owned importer of fairly traded and organically grown green coffee, with six other micro-roasters in the United States and Canada. Today Cooperative Coffees, Inc. includes 24 specialty coffee roasters located across North America. Over the last decade, Co-op Coffees has imported millions of pounds of coffee – all directly from small scale farmer cooperatives.
Heine Brothers’ and Cooperative Coffees are committed to supporting and partnering with small-scale, Fair Trade coffee farmers and their exporting cooperatives. By importing directly from farmer partners, Cooperative Coffees seeks to foster a more equitable system of coffee trade that directly benefits these farmers, their families and their communities.
Besides roasters, we’re also happy to have two coffee producers in town for the meeting:
- Antonio Ruiz of Maya Vinic in Chiapas, Mexico
- Mario Lopez of Las Marias 93 in El Salvador
Check out some of the Coop Coffees roasters that we’ll have in town this week!
- Peace Coffee – Minneapolis, MN
- Bongo Java – Nashville, TN
- Equator Coffee Roasters – Almonte, Ontario, Canada
- Desert Sun Coffee Roasters – Durango, CO
- Just Coffee Cooperative – Madison, WI
- Larry’s Beans – Raleigh, NC
- Sweetwater Organic Coffee – Gainesville, FL
- DOMA Coffee Roasting Company – Post Falls, ID
- Kickapoo Coffee – Viroqua, WI
- Conscious Coffees – Boulder, CO
- Cafe Campesino – Americus, GA
- Santropol – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Higher Grounds Trading Co. – Traverse City, MI
- Amavida Coffee & Trading Company – Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Alternative Grounds – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Third Coast Coffee – Austin, TX
- Bean North Coffee – Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
- Cloudforest Initiatives – St. Paul, MN / San Cristobal, Chiapas, Mexico